Well, I’m going to Italy tomorrow.
No, I’m not going for the purpose of escaping the state of the US. I’m only going for three weeks, and it’s been planned for years. It just so happens I really don’t mind getting a break from the chaos that grows with every day.
If you’re in the majority and stuck here, I suggest trying my favorite method of escape lately: books, of course. Though I’ve been in an off-and-on reading slump since November 8th, I’ve found moments of solace in books that take me away or that help me learn better how to resist. I hope you find hope in these books as well!
Since the internet has done a wonderful job of these lists, here are places to start to find relevant books right now:
- 75 Books for the Next Four Years
- A Running List of Good Books That Are Selling More Copies Because of Trump
- The Books We’re Turning to Now
- 100 Recommended Books by Arab Women For Your 2017 Reading Resolutions
- 10 Contemporary Novels By and About Muslims You Should Read
- Book Recommendations from Countries Targeted by Trump’s Travel Ban
- 10 Dystopian Novels to Inspire You To Fight for Your Reproductive Freedoms
- 19 Escapist Reads for When You Just Can’t
- A bookish tour through Obama’s years in the White House
- And even though it’s passed, this is still a good list: 7 Books to Read if You Can’t Attend the Women’s March on Washington