After much deliberation, the Minnesota weather has decided to grace us with spring! Which means, for us Minnesotans, jumping right in to summer activities while the weather lasts us. I’m not saying summer is for sure here to stay (*knocks on wood*), but I’ll take the 70-degree day I had yesterday as a sign that my summer reading list should be set in stone and ready for reading.
Thus, here you have it. I decided to make the goals first and end up with whatever number seemed reasonable after all the goals I wanted to accomplish. So the number doesn’t really matter.
- A book on a craft/skill (not a language)
- One book of poetry every month (May-Aug)
- A biography or autobiography
- A book of essays
- A horror novel or book of short stories
- Book(s?) by an author of color
- 3 classics or timeless books (Jun-Aug)
- At least one translated work
- A nonfiction book to edify (i.e. self help, spirituality, home care, psychology, career, etc)
- A book I’ve never heard of before
- A book of short stories (regular fiction)
- At least 5 galleys/ARCs that are still unpublished (which goes with my goal of sending reviews to Indie’s Next List, which has to be 2 months in advance)
- 13 is my lucky number! This goal is going to come from YOU. Leave a comment! (I will wait a few days to decide who gets the spot, or I may take every suggestion—I get to decide since this blog is a baby!)
I reserve the right to add to this list but not take any item away. Also, as of May 2, any book I have started to read before today will not count towards my goal (which means the 8 books I’m reading right now, lol). I will post an update about my summer reading goals monthly, but of course periodically may mention how I’m doing here and there. I’m also planning on posting a projected reading list of books I am looking forward to reading most but may of course not get to them all this summer or have to choose others in favor of my goals.
What are your summer reading goals? Any particular genres, authors, or titles you are looking forward most to reading? What goals do you think I should add to mine!? Leave me a comment!